In 2020, within the frames of the “System Update” of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia and considering the international practice, 112 and Joint Operations Center were merged to form Public Safety Command Center 112. The merger aimed to provide higher quality coordination and to elevate the level of the operative response to emergencies.
PSCC provides telephone services for the efficient management of emergencies. Additionally, the entity provides 24/7 non-interrupted video surveillance throughout the country. Video surveillance provides an efficient instrument to administer crime, crime attempts, offenses and strengthens road safety.
Areas of Competence of the PSCC
· Advance the fight against the crime
· Efficient management of road safety
· Combat against domestic violence
· Creation of the Public Safety integrated system
· Effective crisis prevention/management
· Data processing and analysis
· Control of private security services
Public Safety Command Center 112 has two PSAPs (Public Safety Answering Points) – in Tbilisi and Rustavi. Rustavi PSAP opened in 2016 for operational continuity purposes and serves as a backup for the main Tbilisi PSAP.